Tuesday 1 October 2013

Influence scene analysis

Influence scene analysis


One influence for my short film is the film Falling Down, and in particular this famous scene. The whole films narrative can essentilay be explained via this once scene. Michael Douglas' character, D-Fens  is frustrated after being told that he cannot order breakfast from a fast food restaurant as he is too late. He ends up pulling a gun on the manager as a means of getting his meal.

One part of the extract that I want to reflect the shock of the other people in the scene when he pulls out thye gun. The manager probably has to deal with situations like this everyday, so he will be used to angry customers, but he isn't used to people actually taking action, so that explans his shock. The scene is about halfway through the film so that fact that he pulls a gun out may seem a bit over the top, but this a the point in the movie where mundane things have pushed him over the edge in to the point of insanity. This is something I want to captur ein my film, but I have to do so in the 5 minute span rather than 90mins of build up.

This scene also contains some comedic elements which is something I want to incorporate in my film. It isn't over top, laugh a minute comedy, but rather a comedy that adds to the story. The comedic in my film will be used in a way that almost mocks the central character, something that adds to insanity. As I don't have a lot to show the full story, the comedy parts will help to show the changing mental stage of the character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment