Monday 24 March 2014

EVALUATION QUESTION - IN WHAT WAYS DOES YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT USE, DEVELOP OR CHALLENGE FORMS AND CONVENTIONS OF REAL MEDIA PRODUCTS?

Poster: How did you go about designing your poster?


Typically, posters for psychological films follow the same format, they use a dark background and feature the main actor in a similar gloomy expression. For my film poster I wanted to change this, but still keep it in line that it is a psychological thriller. 

I wanted to take two successful poster styles and merge them together for my own film. I used the styling of 'In the Land of Blood and Honey', with the blood splatter forming the image and used the message behind the poster for 'the Dark Knight', using the psycho 'bad guy' with a 'happy' expression, with combined with the blood shows his insanity. 

Both of these aren't psychological thrillers, but they both portray a message that I wanted to replicate in my film. 



No comments:

Post a Comment