Monday 31 March 2014

EVALUATION QUESTION - IN WHAT WAYS DOES YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT USE, DEVELOP OR CHALLENGE FORMS AND CONVENTIONS OF REAL MEDIA PRODUCTS?


Describe the creative process of laying out the cover


I first created the template size for the magazine article (210x297) and placed the central main image on the magzine so I had something to design around. I pulled the image from the Youtube video of my film, and made it clearer by enhancing it with brightness and contrast settings. 


I then added the border around the picture, and also added a middle line to the article to give it a unique feel and make it stand out. 

After the border was done, I added the logo to the article. On the left hand side is the name of magazine 'Now Showing' which again is red and white to fit in with the rest of the colour scheme. The 'Twisted a Review' was placed on the right hand side of the page, and was also overlaid the main picture to give it the effect that it was just a cut and paste article. Also added was a small box, giving a quick general background of what the film is about. 

I then added another, smaller grab from the film and the star ratings. 


With that done, I added the review I had typed out before hand and centred it on the page. 


Finished article: 

No comments:

Post a Comment