Wednesday 25 September 2013

Poster Research 1


Poster Research 1

One part of the coursework is designing a poster for the film, and here I have done some research into the different styles of posters before I decide on the final product of mine. 

Django Unchained (2012)

Here is an 'old school' 1960s style poster for Django Unchained, a film from 2012. There has been an increasing trend in bringing back old syle posters, especially in genes like the western. It has the 'hand drawn' look to it, but if I choose this particular style, it could be replicated in photoshop.

The upside to choosing this style is that it would stand out and be recognisble if done in the right way.It would also be unique to my film because the genre of my film isn't really associatedwith the poster style. The downside to it is that the poster may just simplify not suitbale for my film, it's a poster that relies a lot on a typically action packed story and numerous characters, two things which my film does'nt have. If done wrong way it may also lose it's effect as a movie poster and become more an apprent photoshop piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment